What is a Breast Lift (Mastopexy)?
A breast lift or mastopexy is a procedure that uses various techniques to improve sagging or drooping breasts and enlarged nipple-areolar complexes. During a mastopexy the excess skin is removed, the nipples are repositioned and reduced, and the breasts are shaped to create a perky, aesthetically pleasing breast. To obtain a lifted breast, incisions are placed around the nipple, at the lower pole of the breast and in the fold of the breast.
Breast Lift before and after photos
Who is a candidate for breast lift surgery?
- Stable weight
- Breast asymmetry
- Sagging or drooping breasts
- Large nipple-areola complex
- Elongated breast
- Downward-pointing nipples and areola
What are the risks of breast lift surgery?
- Anesthesia risks
- Poor scarring
- Bleeding or Hematoma
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Irregularities or asymmetry in the shape and size of the breasts
- Partial or total loss of the nipples or areola
- Difficulty breast-feeding
- Need for revision